Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Around Town: Salad dressing a winter favorite - Freeport Journal-Standard

teke.indah.link

I think fall is here. At least as I write this, it is cloudy and cool, and that is my definition of fall.

When the sun is out and the days are warm, that is a wonderful day, but not fall. But as the seasons move on, we’ll be doing more cooking and eating indoors, rather than in the park, on the deck or in the street. And we’ll be doing more roasting, more cooking and for me, eating more salads.

Just this week I made for the first time since I have moved back to Freeport a salad dressing that my Mom used often, and I always liked it. But for some unknown reason, I haven’t made it for many years. I recall living in our apartment on Central Street in Evanston and telephoning my Mom for the recipe. The only paper I had at the ready was the page from a calendar, dated July 20. No year. But it had to have been 1962, just after our marriage.

Well, I made it this week, and I’m loving it. So I’ll share.

Suggestion, you will need to give it a good shake before each use, so make it in a jar that will give you plenty of room. I’m using a leftover tomato sauce jar of 24, oz. That gives me plenty of shaking room. One other tip. Don’t substitute ketchup for the Heinz Chili Sauce. That’s critical.

Marsha Mom’s Salad Dressing:

1/2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce

3/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

1 cup salad oil

1/2 cup vinegar

Beat well. Refrigerate after use.

This should keep your salad tasty and your family happy all through the winter.

Marsha Holden: holdenhousehold9939@gmail.com




October 17, 2020 at 10:20PM
https://ift.tt/2FCPVIh

Around Town: Salad dressing a winter favorite - Freeport Journal-Standard

https://ift.tt/3ekeW79
salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Red River Valley red, yellow potato crop doing OK — so far - Park Rapids Enterprise

teke.indah.link Most red and yellow potatoes, which are sold in the fresh market, are not grown under irrigation in the Red River Valley in...

Postingan Populer