Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Pasta salad with a twist - Martha's Vineyard Times

teke.indah.link

I start each day making my bed, brushing my teeth, making coffee, and cooking noodles or rice for dinner. It feels like summer is here and my days are long, jam-packed, and oftentimes stressful. At the end of the day, I’ve found this trick a great way to make cooking dinner easier. Either noodles or rice make a great canvas for whatever I decide to make, which I then have the entire day to figure out. If all else fails, I can always throw a dab of butter and garlic salt on either and call it a day.

Today I woke up and made rotini, put a little oil on it, put it in a Tupperware container and tossed it in the fridge on my way out the door.

I intended to make a taco casserole, topped with pickled jalapeños smothered in ooey gooey melted cheese. It was going to be amazing. I stopped by the grocery store on my way home and picked up the ingredients I didn’t already have in my pantry. When I arrived home I realized my apartment was a little warmer than I anticipated. That’s a lie, it was hotter than hell, I was sweaty, irritable, and worst of it all — hangry.

I decided immediately to pivot dinner plans from a baked pasta casserole to pasta salad. Brilliant, I thought to myself, same ingredients minus the heat.

I’ve included a list of ingredients since measurements seem to be obsolete these days (unless of course you’re baking something, then please dig out the measuring cups).

Taco Ranch Pasta Salad

rotini pasta
Ranch dressing
black beans (rinsed and drained)
corn
Perdue Chicken Shortcuts (or rotisserie chicken)
red onion
green pepper 
tomato
taco seasoning
pickled jalapeños
shredded Mexican cheese
Stir it all up and serve chilled. Alternatively, try it as a baked casserole, depending on the season.




June 16, 2021 at 11:35PM
https://ift.tt/2U2BFze

Pasta salad with a twist - Martha's Vineyard Times

https://ift.tt/3ekeW79
salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Red River Valley red, yellow potato crop doing OK — so far - Park Rapids Enterprise

teke.indah.link Most red and yellow potatoes, which are sold in the fresh market, are not grown under irrigation in the Red River Valley in...

Postingan Populer