Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, June 18, 2021

COLUMN: Start your summer salad lineup with help from your library - yoursun.com

teke.indah.link

It is summer in Florida, and it is hot.

I have been alternating my Monday soups with some cold salad recipes for a refreshing change of pace. I know you can make cold soup, but yuck — I have not found any cold soup recipe that I have liked at all.

I can make enough of these salads to share and have a few lunches for the week.

BLT Pasta Salad. I found this gem on The Pioneer Woman’s website, www.thepioneerwoman.com. The recipes on this site here are usually easy and tasty. The flavor profiles include fresh lemon juice, ranch seasoning, red onions, Parmesan cheese, romaine lettuce — and of course bacon and grape tomatoes for the “B” and the “T.” I used regular fusilli pasta, Hellmann’s mayonnaise and some good Parmesan cheese from the farmer’s market. This salad comes together quickly and makes a great side, or is hearty enough for a lunch on its own.

BLT Pasta Salad

The BLT Pasta Salad from The Pioneer Woman website, www.thepioneerwoman.com.

Ramen Noodle Salad. I got this recipe from one of my five sisters-in-law probably 25 years ago. You can find a similar one at www.sugarspunrun.com. It always amazes me when I make this that you put the Ramen noodles in without cooking them. I usually don’t add all the seasoning packet from the Ramen just because it is so salty, but that is up to you. This salad has a great crunch with the broccoli slaw and sunflower nuts and the oil-sugar-vinegar mix softens up the noodles just the right amount. Take this one to your next cookout and I bet it will be a hit.

Ramen-Noodle-Salad-1

Ramen Noodle Salad, courtesy of sugarspunrun.com.

Cucumber Salad. This is my Mom’s recipe from way back, I remember calling her when I first got married 30 years ago to ask her how to make it. I found pretty much the same recipe at www.tasteofhome.com. I don’t want to start the mayonnaise wars here, but for this salad I like to go out of my way to buy some good Duke’s Mayonnaise or make it myself. Mix ¼ cup of sugar and ¼ cup white vinegar in a small bowl until the sugar looks mostly dissolved and then add they mayo. If you want to get a consistent cut on the cucumbers, I suggest using a mandolin, but it isn’t necessary. Pour the creamy mixture over the cucumbers in a big bowl that has a tight lid so you can shake it around to make sure all the cucumbers are coated. This salad is simple to make, and it’s best when you can let it chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.

For Memorial weekend, I made some Grilled Scallion Potato Salad. I found the recipe in the June edition of “Food Network” magazine online in the Libby portal available free on the library website, charlottefl.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/resources. I love scallions in any salad or soup, they are even better when they are grilled. The salad turned out delicious and I had enough to feed the whole gang at a barbeque.

Of course, you could always make it super easy and just pick up some salad from Publix, but where is the fun in that?




June 18, 2021 at 11:18PM
https://ift.tt/3qaL3wB

COLUMN: Start your summer salad lineup with help from your library - yoursun.com

https://ift.tt/3ekeW79
salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Red River Valley red, yellow potato crop doing OK — so far - Park Rapids Enterprise

teke.indah.link Most red and yellow potatoes, which are sold in the fresh market, are not grown under irrigation in the Red River Valley in...

Postingan Populer