Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Sweet on sweet potato fries | Cabin Fever Cookbook - Chico Enterprise-Record

teke.indah.link

My son and I have been trying different foods together. And by that I mean I have been looking into different ways of cooking vegetables that he is on the fence about, because I’m worried that my broccoli-loving son is going to out-broccoli himself and then refuse to eat any veggies at all.

It’s already happened with corn.

So far we have had success with zucchini and spinach blended to heck and used as a base for pasta sauce. Buffalo cauliflower bites were so good I only got to have one after he claimed the entire batch for himself. And whenever I open a can of sliced carrots — yes, canned carrots are a thing — and cover them in Tajín, he will use a fork to dart into my bowl and steal carrots for himself.

But the baby corn, the elotitos, he leaves alone.

At the grocery store I like to peruse the peeled and precut fruit and veggies because I have a chronic illness that is causing me to lose dexterity in my hands. Other people can say all they want about packaging waste and laziness, but paying a little more for melon slices I can actually eat is worth it to me.

One of the items they had was a container of sweet potatoes sliced into crinkle-cut fries. Not a fan of sweet potatoes myself, I decided to give them a try.

My son was less than pleased when he saw them. At school they serve sweet potato fries instead of regular ones, and he describes them as somehow being simultaneously flavorless and gross. He did not have high hopes for our next meal.

The one time I had sweet potato fries that I enjoyed was from a food truck in Las Vegas. They were deep fried and sprinkled with cinnamon, served with ketchup, and I kept going back for more.

I tried to recreate their awesomeness at home with my air fryer. I lightly coated them with coconut oil, sprinkled on a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, and cooked them until fully done.

While they cooked he was busy mixing his favorite dipping sauce: one part ranch dressing, one part ketchup and a healthy splatter of Tabasco.

My son was skeptical, but after that first tentative bite he claimed the batch for himself.

I’m calling this one a success.

Air fryer sweet potato fries

Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces of sweet potatoes cut into fries
  • Coconut oil cooking spray
  • Cinnamon and sugar to taste

Directions: In a large bowl, spray sweet potatoes evenly with coconut oil, then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar. Mix to make sure fries are coated evenly. Working in batches, cook in air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, stopping halfway through to mix.

Let cool, then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces.




June 02, 2021 at 05:34PM
https://ift.tt/3vKuzO1

Sweet on sweet potato fries | Cabin Fever Cookbook - Chico Enterprise-Record

https://ift.tt/2rh4zOj
Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Red River Valley red, yellow potato crop doing OK — so far - Park Rapids Enterprise

teke.indah.link Most red and yellow potatoes, which are sold in the fresh market, are not grown under irrigation in the Red River Valley in...

Postingan Populer